Christian Villacañas Camps
Date of birth: 30/03/89 (Sitges)
C/ Lope de Vega 1, 1º2ª
08870 Sitges (Barcelona)
· Freelance Illustrator and Animator at Hello my name is Christian (Sitges) – January 2013 / Present
· Co-founder and Animation Director at Somerset+Mills (Barcelona) – May 2015 / June 2016
· Graphic and Media designer at Multitouch Barcelona (Barcelona) – July 2010 / September 2012
· Internship as Web designer at Funlab (Barcelona) – April 2009 / November 2009
· Internship as Motion graphics designer at Joan Guasch Studio (Barcelona) – May 2009 / October 2009
· Guest artist at IndieGzine’s Kickstarter – March 2016· Guest artist at Animation Breakdown’s Locura Española – February 2016· Animator in Bartkira, the animated trailer‘s project – July 2015· Creator / Director / Writer / Character Designer of ‘Woodchips’, short film selected as part of Nickelodeon‘s International Shorts Program 2014 – September 2014 / February 2015
· Guest Artist at Pop Middle Ages’ Kickstarter – June 2014
· Winner of LoopdeLoop’s Rainbow challenge – April / May 2014
· Guest artist at Animation Breakdown’s GIF-JAM 2014 – March 2014· Animator in Moon Animate, Make up!‘s project – January / March 2014
· Collaborator artist in Jon Burgerman’s Sticky Friends project – November 2013
· Guest artist at THE POOOL magazine, OFFF Barcelona 2013 exclusive issue – June 2013
· 30 square meter paint at OFFF festival’s headquarters (Barcelona) – May 2013
· Guest artist at ‘més enllà de la creativitat’ exhibition (Barcelona) – April 2013
· The Seven Sins (solo exhibition) at Atelier and at MOB (Barcelona) – January 2013 / February 2013
· Guest artist at TEN/TEN exhibition (Amsterdam) – March 2012
As a Somertset+Mills member:
· Conference at OFFF (Barcelona) – 27 May 2016
· Workshop at Atelier (Barcelona) – 11 December 2015As a Multitouch Barcelona member:
· Conference + workshop at KIKK Festival (Namur, Belgium) – 24 / 25 November 2011
· Guest artists at ‘Talk to me’ exhibition at MoMa (New York) – July / November 2011
· Conference + interactive installation at OFFF Year Zero (Barcelona) – 9 / 11 June 2011
· Conference at Get Set Festival (Porto, Portugal) – 4 / 10 October 2010
As a Sanpuk (Uni’s Thesis Project) member:
· Conference + interactive installation at OFFF nostalgia for a Past Future (Paris) – 24 / 26 June 2010
· Certificate course: Digital painting with Andrew Hou at Schoolism – December 2012 / March 2013
· Degree in Media design at Istituto Europeo di Design (Barcelona) – October 2007 / June 2010
· Graduated from high-school specialized in technology and sciences – September 2001 / June 2007
Catalan – Native proficiency
Spanish – Native proficiency
English – Professional working proficiency
Adobe After Effects
Final Cut Pro
Hello! My name is Christian and I’m an illustrator and animator from Sitges (Barcelona, Spain).
I love to draw and make things move. Since I was a kid, my passions have always been comic books and cartoons, so here I am trying to do what I love, the way I like!
As an illustrator I was invited to participate in the TEN/TEN exhibition in Amsterdam and ‘Més enllà de la creativitat’ exhibition in Barcelona. Also, I did my first solo exhibition, The Seven Sins, at Atelier and at MOB some time ago, and collaborated in Jon Burgerman’s Sticky Friends project. I’ve been part of Pop Middle Ages and IndieGzine kickstarters too!
As an animator I won Loopdeloop’s Rainbow challenge, I have been part of the amazing ‘Moon Animate, Make Up!’ project and ‘Bartkira’ trailer and I created and directed a short film called ‘Woodchips’ as one of the finalists of Nickelodeon’s International Shorts Program 2014! Wohoo!
On May 2015, I co-founded Somerset+Mills, and made this awesome teaser based on an insta-comic I made, called HAIR.
Recently, I decided to continue as an individual and I’m open to comissioned and freelance work, so if you’d like to hire me or say hello, feel free to send me an e-mail or give me a call at (+34) 652 084 454
Don’t hesitate to take a look at my resume if you’d like to know more about me!
Standing in the queue is a collaborative project I started a few months ago. It consists in an horizontal infinite scroll of illustrations each done by a different artist. The illustrations must be characters waiting in a supermarket queue.
It’s just an excuse to draw, meet people and make the largest, funniest queue in the whole world! And of course with lots of different styles and illustration techniques!